Mission Theme

Mission Theme for 2015 & 2016--Learn it, Live it, Share it

Monday, August 24, 2015

Week 42

This coming week is the last week of this transfer. I want to know why it seems like each transfer is shorter than the last. At this rate, I will just have to blink for a transfer to go by when I get to the end of my mission. The mission is a wonderful thing, but it is going by too fast. I have been out for almost ten months now, so I am getting pretty close to being half way through.

I have good news and some bad news. The bad news is that an investigator that we thought was golden seems to have lost his interest with meeting with us. The good news is that a less-active came to church for the first time in a long time. We are going to have a lesson later today (Monday), and we are going to see if we can continue getting him to come to church.

I don't remember what I was studying that led me to this verse in the Book of Mormon, but I really like it. In Mosiah 2:41, King Benjamin was addressing his people and at the end of the chapter he says, "I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; ...” He simply said that when we keep the commandments, we are blessed and we are happy. A lot of people today view the commandments as restrictions. When we understand that they are given by a loving Heavenly Father who wants the best for us, we will realize that the commandments are guideposts to a happy and abundant life.

Elder Bjerregaard







No comments:

Post a Comment