Mission Theme

Mission Theme for 2015 & 2016--Learn it, Live it, Share it

Monday, February 8, 2016

week 66

It seems like it just started, but it is already the last week if the transfer. Time flies so fast as a missionary that if you blank, you might miss something important. It seems just like yesterday that I finished my training, but it been over a year since my trainer got transferred and I was paired with my second companion, Elder Bierman. Time really does fly quickly as you lose yourself in the work of the Lord.

We got some snow last Thursday night into Friday Morning. It wasn't much and it was mostly gone by midafternoon. Snow doesn't seem to last long here in South Jersey, and it is just the way I like it. To me it seems like it is colder when there's snow on the ground. It seems like it is slowly heating up, but it won't be until the end of February or March until it will be really nice outside. I have noticed a strange thing since being on my mission. When it starts to get cold in the fall you think it is really cold but when it starts warming up again in the spring, the same temperature you called cold in the fall becomes really nice in the spring.

The zone leaders asked Elder Lewis and I to do a ten to fifteen minute training on accountability for zone training this past Thursday. In case I haven't mentioned zone training before, once a month (normally the first Thursday but sometimes the second depending on when transfers happen) the whole zone comes together for a three hour training on what the zone leaders and President Anderson think we need to be trained on. Elder Lewis and I focused on the following up part of accountability and being proactively accountable. We discussed that we will all be held accountable in the end, and that the followers of Christ will be "anxiously engaged" and "do many things of their own free will and bring to pass much righteousness" or else they would be "a slothful and not a wise servant“. In the end, we committed them to be proactively accountable.

Elder Bjerregaard
#ASaviorIsBorn

ward building

Wilmington from New Jersey

Field that does a great job at summing up my area







No comments:

Post a Comment