Mission Theme

Mission Theme for 2015 & 2016--Learn it, Live it, Share it

Monday, October 26, 2015

Week 51

This is my second week in Linwood. Diamond, who was baptized last Sunday, was confirmed yesterday and received the Aaronic Priesthood. Even though I had no part in teaching him or performing any of the ordinances, I still found joy proceedings. He is taking the steps needed for him to be able to return to Heavenly Father. It also reminded me of when I was conferred the Aaronic Priesthood when I was twelve years old.

Tuesday the mission went up to the Priesthood Restoration Site where the Aaronic and Melchizedek Priesthoods were restored and conferred upon Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery by angelic ministry. It is by these Priesthoods that the life saving ordinances are performed under the authority of someone being commissioned of Jesus Christ to perform them. It was a spiritual experience because I felt a confirmation that Joseph Smith did translate the Golden Plates by the power of God and that the Church is the Lord’s kingdom preparatory to His Second Coming.

Elder Bjerregaard
#BecauseHeLives


No comments:

Post a Comment