Mission Theme

Mission Theme for 2015 & 2016--Learn it, Live it, Share it

Monday, November 16, 2015

Week 54

The biggest and saddest news of this week is that Elder Riley lost his iPad. He set it on top of the car, something he never does, so he could have his hands free. Then he forgot about it, and we drove off. We have tried everything that we could think of to find it, and we had no luck. It is at the point where our mission president told him to remotely erase it. We don't know when he will get another iPad, but we are hoping that it will be soon.

My heart goes out to the people that are affected by the terrorist attacks in France. I am not sure what happened because, as a missionary, I don't watch or listen to the news. I find it sad that we live in a world where people to do such an act on innocent people. From the time of the attack on 9/11 at the twin towers in New York City (my earliest memories) there has been an ongoing war on terror. Sadly, I consider it then norm because I don’t know anything different. Mom here ~ this was something that we had not thought about that Michael’s generation would consider war on terror as being the norm.

Elder Riley and I also have been feeling under the weather this week, but we are starting to feel better. We are thinking that we got the cold that our mini missionary had a week ago.

I did not think that Audrey and Tyler were going to come home so close together. I wonder what they are thinking about as the end of their mission is in sight. Both of them are in their last areas (as long as they do not get emergency transferred for some reason). I feel like it was just yesterday that Audrey left for the MTC in Mexico and not long before that Tyler left for his mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment