Mission Theme

Mission Theme for 2015 & 2016--Learn it, Live it, Share it

Monday, September 28, 2015

Week 47 When the Pope Comes to Town

I am sure many of you are wondering what it was like with Pope Francis in Philadelphia. I am here to tell you that I don't know. The mission didn't want missionaries in Center City during the Pope’s visit, so we were not allowed to work in the city. Instead we helped the set of Elders that work in the ward that our apartment is in.

It is weird that it has been just little less then eleven months since my mission started. The time seems to be flying by so quickly that I don't know where it is going. It is starting to be the time of year here that it will be cloudy most days. I wish I was further north so I can see all the leaves change colors to the beautiful red, orange, and yellows.

Next week is the start of what the missionaries call in the Pennsylvania Philadelphia mission the sweater season. Between the October and April General Conferences, all Elders are required to wear a sweater unless the temperature is over 72 degrees. This season also says that it is going to get cold soon so we need to make sure we are getting coats and scarves if we don't already have them.

It is sad to hear of the passing of Elder Scott. We now have three vacancies in the Quorum of the Twelve so we are going to most likely get three new members this following weekend. It is a sad and exciting time because of it though. I am looking forward to see who will be called, but I will miss hearing talks from the people who have passed away.


Elder Bjerregaard
#BecauseHeLives

No comments:

Post a Comment