Mission Theme

Mission Theme for 2015 & 2016--Learn it, Live it, Share it

Monday, May 4, 2015

Week 26 --New Area

My six month mark happened on Wednesday last week. It is odd to think that I have already been away from home that long already. It seems like yesterday that Mom and Grandma dropped me off at the MTC. It also seems like I just got to Reading and now I am in my second area.

Transfers were moved to Wednesday for some reason. They never did say why, but a lot of missionaries think that it so the goldens will know what a normal transfer meeting is like. What they have been doing is the normal transfer meeting was on Tuesday and the golden transfers were on Wednesday. Speaking of transfers, I have been transferred to Wilmington, Delaware. I had a feeling that I would be going to one of the other states in my mission, or that I would be in the Philadelphia area. One strange thing about Delaware is that it doesn't have any sales tax. That is one thing that I need to be getting used to, but I think it is nice because I don't have to think about the tax.

My new companion is Elder Allred. So far, he has only been in Wilmington for a transfers, so he still doesn't know the area all that well himself. Also, Elder Clark is in my district so that means that I get to go on exchanges with him because Elder Allred is the district leader. Elder Weisler is also one of my zone leaders, so I might get to be on exchanges with him as well. I wonder if President Anderson knew that the three of us were MTC companions or it just happened.

We have an awesome investigator. Missionaries have been teaching him for a while, and he has the light of Christ in him. He says he needs some more time before he can be baptized, but he is truly ready whenever he does decide that he is ready.

I hope that I can meet many other really cool people hear. From what I have seen of Wilmington, I really like it and can't wait to see what other people we can meet.

We got a new bishop Sunday. They even changed the time church starts to allow him to accept the calling. He has to work in the morning on Sundays, so they moved the start of church from 9 in the morning to 1 in the afternoon.

Elder Bjerregaard
#BecauseHeLives



Elder Bjerregaard with his new companion Elder Allred
They were given 20 pounds of rice and 10 pounds of chicken. This picture is courtesy of Elder Allred.

No comments:

Post a Comment