Mission Theme

Mission Theme for 2015 & 2016--Learn it, Live it, Share it

Monday, May 25, 2015

Week 29

Why is it that when we get older, time seems like it flies? The longer I am out on my mission, the faster the time seems to go by.

I was asked to give talk for yesterday's sacrament meeting. The bishopric thought it would be a good way for the ward to get to know the missionaries better. I didn't have much time to prepare for it as I would like, but I think it went well. The talk was about how the scriptures strengthen our relationship with God. It was weird, I was having a hard time writing it and had to start over a couple of times, but in the end I thought it was really good. I do believe that the spirit helped to guide me. I don't think I could have done a better job by myself with the time I had.

We also helped the mother of one of our members to move hardwood flooring into her house. We didn't realize how big a job it would be, so we went in normal white shirts and ties. We wished we had our service clothes on instead. We literally helped move what seemed like over a ton of hardwood flooring. To "repay" us, they took us to a really nice restaurant for dinner. I am not sure if the member's mom would be interested in investigating the church, but she now knows who we are.

Elder Bjerregaard
#BecauseHeLives

No comments:

Post a Comment