Mission Theme

Mission Theme for 2015 & 2016--Learn it, Live it, Share it

Monday, December 28, 2015

Week 60--Happy New Year

I want to thank people from my ward who sent gifts and cards to me for Christmas. It is always nice to hear from my home ward!

It is hard to believe that the year 2015 is almost to a close. It been a year of ups and downs, but for the most part, it has been a really good year. I haven't had anyone I have taught enter into the waters of baptism, but I have taught many. I have made great friendships along the way. I am sad to see this year that I fully dedicated to serving the Lord go completely into the past, but I am excited to see what 2016 will bring to me.

At this time of the year, most people look back at what they accomplished during the past year and make goals for the coming year. One of the best ways for the coming year to be better than the previous year is to make a to-be list. A to-be list is harder because we can never check off anything from the list, but it is more rewarding because it gives us goals for what we want to become. I'm personally going to consult with the Lord and create a to-be list of attributes that I want to develop this coming year.

On Tuesday, we had our Christmas Zone Conference. We went over what we were able to accomplish this past year and where President Anderson believes we can be in the coming year. The biggest thing President Anderson stressed is to get people who recently joined the church to do genealogy. Then they can take or submit names of their ancestors, who finished their mortal lives, to the temple so they to can gain the blessings of baptism. Another topic that was stressed was that as missionaries, we are called to preach repentance and to baptize the people who humble themselves and repent of their past sins.

As part of Christmas, missionaries are able to call home. It is one of the two times missionaries are able to talk to their parents and hear their voices. We are lucky today because now most missionaries are able to use Skype, so they can both hear and see their parents instead of just talking to them over the phone. I will only have one more opportunity to Skype my family on my mission and I am looking forward to being able to Skype on Mother's Day. After that, I will not have the chance to talk with them other than emails until I finish my mission and return home. I am thankful that I am able to use Skype because it gives us a chance to be able to see our parents in real time while we are on our missions.

Elder Bjerregaard
#ASaviorIsBorn

Elder Bjerregaard and Elder Riley with the Higbees
Elder Bjerregaard with Sister Higbee

President Anderson

A few of the Christmas gifts
Skype call picture

No comments:

Post a Comment