Mission Theme

Mission Theme for 2015 & 2016--Learn it, Live it, Share it

Monday, March 16, 2015

Week 19

This is last week of my third transfer. I don't know why, but this transfer seemed like it went by very quickly. Mom here—Missionaries count their time in terms of transfers. One transfer equals six weeks.

I was on exchange with Elder Miller this week. Elder Miller is an awesome missionary. It is too bad he is going home at the end of April because I would like to know him better. He is an “odd” missionary because he is from Alabama and most missionaries here are from the west coast. We taught two less active members. One is difficult and refuses to read the Book of Mormon because she does not want to read it.

We had five lessons planned for yesterday (Sunday) and two of them didn't happen. One of them had to go to the hospital. The other had something come up, so we could not visit. Sunday is a day of rest unless you are a missionary. My past three Sundays have been my busiest day out of the week, but I am in the service of Jesus Christ and helping people come closer Him. That makes it all worth it.

I have been discovering that I need to rely on the Lord, because when I depend on my on strength I have found that very little work is done. When I follow the promptings of the Spirit, much work gets done. It is hard to rely on Him, but I have learned and am still learning that it with His help, I can do great things.

Elder Bjerregaard

The District

Elder Bjerregaard with Gerald

No comments:

Post a Comment