Mission Theme

Mission Theme for 2015 & 2016--Learn it, Live it, Share it

Monday, May 11, 2015

Week 27 - Happy Mother's Day

To all the mothers happy Mother's Day. I hope that all the mothers that are reading this had a wonderful day yesterday. I know my mom and Grandma did because we were able to Skype with each other. We can only Skype twice a year, once on Mother's Day and again on Christmas.

This was the first Sunday with my new bishop. I found out that he is a professional organist. It is going to be fun working with him as we work together to help bring about the Lord's work to the people in our ward boundaries.

We are not teaching very many people right now, so we have been doing a lot of street contacting. Some of the people we have talked to are drunk, so they say some of the funniest things. Sadly we have not found anyone interested in listening to the message we share, but I know that they are out there and if I try long enough we will be able to find the humble seekers of truth.

Wilmington is very green and a lot of the houses have a lot of trees nearby. It is wonderful to be able to see this much greenery since I am used to the brown desert of Arizona. I have really liked being on the East Coast so far, and I am looking forward to what else I can witness when I am here.

It is a wonderful thing to know that I am doing what the Lord wants me to do right now. I have always been told that if you make a choice before you have to, it is much easier to make the right one. I think it is the same way with my mission. If I had not made the choice beforehand, it might have been easier to follow the counsel and the wisdom of the world. The world would say giving up two years and totally devoting myself to serving the Lord was fool hearty. The world says that it would be better to go through college and start my career. I have chosen a better path and I am serving the Lord. I can already see some of the blessings of doing so, and I know more are still to come.

Elder Bjerregaard
#BecauseHeLives

No comments:

Post a Comment